ROFGO Collection by Book
This book offers an exclusive look at one of the world’s greatest collections of competition cars. During the late 1960s, the success achieved by the Gulf-JW Automotive team fired the imagination of a young German enthusiast by the name of Roald Goethe and created a lasting impression. Decades later, and with the help of Adrian Hamilton, Goethe set about fulfilling a childhood dream. His mission was to create a collection of racers that had been backed by one of the most famous names in motorsport sponsorship – Gulf Oils. From sports-racers and single-seaters to 21st century GT contenders, the result is an unrivalled and truly evocative set of more than 30 cars – all of which are included in this exciting new title.
• Every car in the collection, from Mirage M1 to Aston Martin GTE, covered in depth by one of the world’s leading motorsport historians.
• The full history of iconic models such as the Ford GT40, Porsche 917 and McLaren M23 – plus lesser-known curiosities such as the Mirage M5 Formula Ford car.
• Quotes from the drivers, engineers and team managers who were involved with each car.
• This is by no means a static collection – the book also includes the story of how the cars are looked after and campaigned in the world’s best historic motorsport events.
• Full specifications and period race history for every car included in the extensive appendices.
• More than 300 photographs, including a specially commissioned photo shoot of each car and superb archive images.
• Limited edition of 950 copies.
|Description: ||ROFGO Collection |
|Catalogue#: ||ISB9781907085673 |
|Product Type: ||Books |
|Scale: ||- |
|Event: ||Daytona 24hrs, GT & Sports Car Racing, Sebring 12hrs, Targa Florio, Le Mans |
|Colour: ||- |
|Drivers: ||- |
|Sponsors: ||- |
|Dates: ||2019 |
|Race/Position: ||- |
|Release Date: ||September 2020 |
|Weight: ||2500 grams |
|Comments: || |